Saturday, December 8, 2012

People Like Us (2012)

I probably chose to see "People Like Us" because the poster has lens flare and that's my favorite type of photographic image.  It's true, I'm crazy about lens flare.

I had not seen Chris Pine in Star Trek and I mostly thought of Elizabeth Banks as the quirky person in "The Hunter Games" or as Laura Bush.

Anyway, I'm glad I saw this.  It's sort of a fractured family story that has to be glued back together.


family at the beach


Chris Pine plays a guy whose father just died and has left a dop bag full of money for a half-sister he didn't know he had.

The interesting slant for me was that Elizabeth Banks's character was in recovery so many scenes sort of talked about that and parts took place in and around AA meetings.

I did like the screenplay.  I even bought it at Script City.

No comments: